Danielson Legal offers a significant depth of experience on the matters we handle.
Below are some examples of past work in our practice areas*.
- Managed federal and international trademark portfolio for publicly traded consumer and industrial products company.
- Developed and managed federal and international trademark portfolio for publicly traded pharmaceutical products company.
- Advised and managed dozens of trademark portfolios of small to large sized companies in the technology, publishing, consumer products, biotech, and non-profit sectors.
- Counselled a variety of companies on trademark enforcement issues including monitoring and policing, cease-and-desist letters, Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings, and federal trademark litigation.
- Advised numerous multi-national software companies on issues of copyright registration and enforcement.
- Counseled software companies on pre-litigation copyright enforcement matters.
- Advised Internet companies on copyright liability issues.
- Developed patent portfolios in the areas of business methods, software, data analytics, computer security, optics, and medical devices.
- Conducted clearance studies for new products and services.
- Prosecuted inter partes reexaminations in support of active patent litigation.
- Negotiated patent licenses with a variety of academic institutions.
- Facilitated sales and other monetization of patent portfolios.
Licensing and Contract
- Provided primary outside licensing counsel to prominent software services comany. Led drafting and negotiation of a variety of service agreements with major media and technology companies.
- Drafted numerous software and hardware related agreements including OEM, distribution, shink-wrap, ASP, support and maintenance, and related agreements.
- Advised on and drafted a multitude of general corporate agreeements including NDAs, service agreements, employee agreements, and other technology-facing contracts.
- Advised numerous technology companies, public and private, on intellectual property issues relating to corporate transactions, including complete due dillgence support. Advised investors, buyers, and sellers in such scenarios.
- Advised dozens of companies on open source issues relating to corporate transactions.
- Served as lead outside intellectual property counsel to a number of open source businesses, advising on trademarks, copyright protection, licensing and rights acquisition, and other issues , with a specific focus on the impact of open source business models to such issues.
- Advised a major open source company on intellectual property issues in its acquisition by a leading, public open source company.
- Advised a major public software company on open source auditing of its entire software product line and on open source issues in connection with a purchase transaction.
- Advised a major open source company on the acquisition of several open source projects.
*Work described here may have been completed at prior law firms of Danielson Legal attorneys.